Although the Android platform has established a great respect among the technology lovers of the world it still lacks a pretty solid interface to manage files that are stored on the SD card of any Android Device. However for cover up for all such incapability of the Android operating system we have a dedicated team of developers of the Astro File Manager App for the Android. Astro is one of the best free apps available in the marketplace currently and it is one of the most sought after file managers for the Android file system. The App is available for free in the app market and brings is a pretty simple and easy interface along with excellent features to the desk. To know more about the app Read on.
- Price: Free
- Requires: Android 1.5 and up
- File size: 2.19 MB which indeed is quite fine if you frequently visit your SD card and modify your file structure, infact the backup feature of the app justifies the size of the app pretty well.
- Developer Website: www.metago.net
QR Code to Download App:
ASTRO File Manager – Android App Review
Pros & Cons:
- You can pretty effectively manage all files on your SD card provides all features cut copy paste move delete and rename.
- You can backup application data onto your SD card so that you are not at loss if someday your phone crashes.
- You can send files as attachments in your mails.
- The Bluetooth feature of the app allows you to quickly send the data in your SD card via Bluetooth.
- Simplifies the complex Linux file structure on Android for the less technical users.
- Can zip and unzip files as well.
- The navigation on the app is not very pretty as it is dependent on long taps.
- There is no help present on the usage of the app from the developer.
The app is definitely meant for those Android users who use their SD cards a lot, and like to manage it from their phones only ( don’t know why anyone would like to do that?). The app provides brilliant features for managing files on your SD card like cut, copy, paste, rename, zip, unzip and attach. However the app will be most useful for those users of the Android who have the root access and hence have to visit the SD card pretty often. One special capability that this app brings in is that you can backup your app that is if you are running out of app in your Ram you backup the large sized app on your SD card and uninstall the same when you want to reuse the app you can install it from your SD card itself nd there is no need for a network download.
ASTRO File Manager – Android App Ratings
The interface of the app is pretty well designed with options for different types of views for seeing the file structure which makes me give the app a decent 8 out of 10 in this respect.
The app navigation is quite complex and people not familiar with the Android functionality may not be able to utilize all the features of the app fully. That the navigation is dependent on the long taps is something that makes us give this app a poultry 6 out of 10 in this respect.
The app finds its use in those type of people who probably have enabled root access to their phone and are need to keep managing the files on their SD card. However Astro can be pretty much be used by any and every body. The app gets a 8 out of 10 in this respect
The app of course comes for free and there are no issues there.
This is one of the file mangers that are available for free in the Android market today and I guess a must have for all Android users who do not want to spend money on buying apps from the marketplace for their phone.